52 Weeks of Happy (25/52)

And with this post, I am up to date with 52 Weeks of Happy! I am really enjoying this project but I don’t think I’ll do it again next year. Do you like reading them? I feel like I bombard you with a lot of these posts. I know it’s technically one a week but I get left behind and always feel like I’m playing catch up. It doesn’t make for very varied reading. In 2012 I did “Monthly Mosaics” (excepting December when I forgot), 2013 is 52 Weeks of Happy and I’m looking for what I can do in 2014. A lot of my friends do Project Life and they all look really good and I’m a little jealous of them but it’s more a scrapbooking thing and I’m not sure I can commit to that.

Anyway here are little moments that pleased me in Week 25:

1. Delicate cow parsley growing along the canal. I love how each little flower is made from three small and two large petals.

2. Enjoying being at my mum’s as it means no jobs and so nap time = hooky time.

3. Duplo, and the fact that it’s rainbow coloured: putting things in colour order makes me happy! (It’s the Number Train Duplo and was a gift from my sister Rachel, Queen of Presents.)

4. Great big peonies. Can’t beat them can you? (Although close up they smell quite gross!)

::: Previous Weeks of Happy :::

13 thoughts on “52 Weeks of Happy (25/52)

1. Anne Marie says:

Love those pinwheel grannies! Love the colours, the aubergine is lovely mixed with the colours. I can’t master the solid grannies, I get mixed up with them. I think I really must finish my ripple before BUYING any more wool for a blankie project.

Love the cow parsley. It’s a good car/bike ride to get to our Bridgewater canal or Leeds Liverpool down at our end, so don’t get to walk/cycle along them that often.

2. I’ve enjoyed reading your 52 weeks of happy – I’m impressed with your discipline to get them done!
    I quite fancy having a go at Project Life as I do scrapbook – but am always running a year behind – so it would be good to have something that would “encourage” me to get up to date! Do you know where your friends get their supplies? The ones I’ve looked at are “pre-order only”

3. I have loved your 52 weeks. It is so awesome to look at pictures from daily life from half way around the globe! Love the peonies! They are beautiful! Hope you have a great visit with your Mom and family.

4. Gillian says:

PLEASE continue with your blog, I LOVE it, especially as I’m homesick here in the US – you’ve no idea how much I enjoy it! Your photographs are wonderful, and that little glimpse of a chubby leg in the Duplo picture made my heart sing!

5. Heather says:

Yep – Grape, Camel, Parchment, Grey, Raspberry & Pale Rose. The Camel one really lifts it, I think it looks really dull without it x

6. The 52 weeks of happy posts are pretty interesting. A few blogs I follow have been doing them. Think I might give it a go next year! Loving your colour choices! I’ve had camel in my stash for 5 years and just never known what to use it on so that’s a great bit of inspiration right there ;)

7. Ha Ha. I don’t know if you saw my happy post the other week, also featuring peony? I can’t believe in all this time, I’ve never smelled one. Actually, now I think about it, I think I can remember what they smell like. I think we used to collect the petals as children. Anyway, I enjoy reading your happy posts. For myself, I feel a bit tied to them now, like they are a challenge I can’t give up on. I think I will do something more monthly next year. On the other hand, it definitely keeps me thinking about those lovely little moments that would otherwise be lost….and that is something very special in a baby’s first year.

8. Hi Heather, I relish all your posts and love the little glimpse into your world, including what makes you happy! (I have to confess that my own blog is pretty much a self-indulgent celebration of same, now that my ‘babies’ have grown up!)
    PS if you know the lovely lady who writes the Yarn Round Hook blog, can you let her know that her blog is coming up ‘Invited readers only’? She may not be aware of this. I found her blog from your link and really like it.

9. Cate says:

I really enjoy your 52 Weeks of Happy, but I can see that you might feel a little pressured to keep them up each week when you are busy with other things. So I totally understand that you’re not keen to do it again next year. As long as you keep blogging that’s all I care about, as I am very homesick for the UK and your blog makes me so very happy.

10. Sheree says:

Heather I’ve really enjoyed your posts, and if it wasn’t for your inspiration I wouldn’t have completed 10 different blankets for family and friends! My husband is now calling me the mad crochet woman (but is secretly very proud)thank you :0)

11. Sheree says:

Heather I\’ve really enjoyed your posts, and if it wasn\’t for your inspiration I wouldn\’t have completed 10 different blankets for family and friends! My husband is now calling me the mad crochet woman (but is secretly very proud)thank you :0)