(Chocolatey) Fripperies

As much as I hate to admit it, buying things makes me happy. I try to limit myself with spending and one of my self imposed rules this year was not to fill my house up with junk. When I spotted these little tins of chocolate in M&S a few weeks ago I nearly fell over because they were just so pretty. Especially the lolly one. That’s the one that really caught my eye, I love the simplicity of the design and the colours. I didn’t buy them then because well, it’s hard to justify £2 on a little tin. However. Poorly child. Fed up mama. We need bread and milk too. Justification! Hurrah! I dressed him up in his bear coat and bundled him into the pushchair and off we went and ten minutes and a few £££ later I bought all three. Obviously I needed all three because they look better as a set. Yes. And they are all summery and lovely, too.

Even better, they have chocolates in too. And do you know what? It is far easier to sneak chocolate when it’s in a tin than when it’s in a wrapper. Just saying. He may be weaning but I’m not sharing my choccies ;-)

I showed Andy when he came home and I mumbled something about storing some photos in them for TTB in his room and he politely didn’t doubt me. We both know they are mine all mine!

Fripperies: Something that you don’t need but you just want.

Weak willed and using anything as a justification for buying stuff: Me.

They are weirdly tactile though, I have them next to my chair at the moment and I can’t resist holding them all and stacking them up. Maybe that’s just me though …

20 thoughts on “(Chocolatey) Fripperies

1. Kathryn says:

Oooooo loverly, and fripperies is my most favouritist word (my grammar being so good and all) they look the perfect size for keeping scissors and yarn needles in, I may have to seek some out!

2. I bought those same tins the other day as a treat for my kids – the sun one and the lolly one. Big mistake as youngest didn’t like the lolly one, she wanted the sun one too. Apparently they both remember me singing that song to them as babies/toddlers. I’m sure I haven’t sung it to them since so they must have really good memories. So I just had to keep the lolly one for myself and go out and buy another sun tin for my youngest. Win win situation, although I didn’t get to eat any of the chocolates! I am thinking of keeping tapestry needles and stitch markers in mine. Enjoy the choccies. x

3. ooh I can see why you needed those, they’re great. I’m seriously tempted to get some myself now! I don’t know what I’d do with the tins if I bought them but I feel like they’d be a great addition to my classroom (when I have one!) and would be fun and bright for the children.

4. Anna-Marie says:

Hi There,You know what??!! We must be twins!!! Reading your post was like deja vu!!! Have a happy week!!!
    Love
    AMarie

5. Mrs sock says:

Firstly- that captcha was a nightmare!

M&S tins are wonderful. I bought the rabbit shaped ones for everyone (myself) at easter. Now I need the sun in his hat and I’ll panic they will be all sold out by the time I get to them!

• Heather says:

Hi Mrs Sock! Yes I’m sorry that the captcha is a nightmare, unfortunately it’s a WordPress plugin and we can’t change it. It’s so annoying! I get a lot of spam without it though (which is even more annoying.) I just wanted to apologise for it though.
      x

6. I think I’m in love. I can’t resist pretty containers, wish we had such loveliness where I live. Or maybe we do and I just need to get out and find them.

7. They look lovely. I’ve developed a thing about tin boxes lately, and Stashlet definitely has a thing about chocolate (he’s still asking to go easter egg hunting!), but what’s the betting they don’t sell them in the Irish M&Ss…?

8. Selena says:

I would worry about them getting scratched up stacked, plus you can’t see them all… Why not glue some magnets on the back so they can be useful storage pots on the fridge? Great for stamps, plasters etc! You can see them more easily them too, so they are a more justified spend :-) you can even use them to hold up TTB’s art as he grows ;-)

9. Sharan says:

Well guess where I went today?! I bought the sandcastle and lolly tins, I couldn’t justify 3 tins! Love them, perfect size for bits and bobs. Thanks for bringing my attention to these!

10. Sharan says:

Well guess where I went today?! I bought the sandcastle and lolly tins, I couldn\’t justify 3 tins! Love them, perfect size for bits and bobs. Thanks for bringing my attention to these!

11. Sharan says:

Well guess where I went today?! I bought the sandcastle and lolly tins, I couldn\\\’t justify 3 tins! Love them, perfect size for bits and bobs. Thanks for bringing my attention to these!

12. Very cute :-). I treat myself to things like that too – I bought a rabbit-shaped M&S tin at Easter just because it was lovely. I couldn’t really justify it for the five or six mini eggs inside but I tell myself I’ll use it for stitch-markers and other small knitting ephemera :-D.