A list just because … just because there is all sorts whirling around in my head and I need to siphon it out. I need a Pensieve! I suppose I do really use my blog like a Pensieve. It’s a February Evening list because it’s the evening right now, and it is February.
1. I have had a half finished granny square on my hook for a week. A WEEK! I have just finished hooking it now and feel better for doing so.
2. My crochet mojo has waned since completing the Boaty Blanket, but I think it’s just because I currently have “blogging mojo” and “cleaning mojo”. As those aren’t things to be discouraged I’m not too worried about the crochet mojo.
3. I’m a bit addicted to the “4 pics 1 word” game on my ipad. I play it while I’m stood outside TTB’s door waiting for him to sleep (update soon). Andy helped me with ones I got stuck on this weekend (I’ve only had it since Saturday) but today I got stuck on the very first one and had to wait until he came home from work so that I could move on to the next one! V annoying.
4. I am also addicted to “One Born Every Minute”. I’ve never watched this before partly because of not having a TV and partly because I didn’t want to watch any kind of labour while I was pregnant and I am very glad that I had my baby first before watching this programme. Also, soooooooo glad I had a c section! Cor. I’m watching them all on 4OD and my (only a year or so old) laptop hates it and overheats and shuts down. Fortunately they play really nicely on my ipad.
5. I love thinking about TTB’s birth now, I’m in such a happy place about it all.
6. On my table next to me right now I have 4 different types of handcream and also a tube of lansinoh. I think I buy them and then lose them and then buy more and then find them again. Still have dry hands as I keep forgetting to put it on.
7. My knees hurt a lot. I couldn’t work out why. Then I realised … I’ve been lugging a 17lb baby around in the Ergo over the past week. Mystery solved. Note to self … order footmuff so that I can make the pram into a pushchair and use that.
8. 3rd set of baby jabs this week. SOB! 3 injections. I hate hate hate taking him for these. I know that it’s worth it but Oh! voluntarily causing my baby to have pain is horrible. They do it in one leg and he screams and grabs at me with his arms and I have to turn him around and let them do it in the other leg too. And then this time it’s 3 not just 2! (And of course then the whole rest of the day/night suffers from the resulting high temperature and grumpy baby …)
9. Calpol! I said before how much he hates it (I always did too, vile stuff) but now, NOW he has started clamping his jaw together and pursing his lips so hard that I cannot administer it. He’s a strong, determined little boy that’s for sure.
10. I have too much stuff in my house. I am attempting to get rid of this stuff.
11. While tidying today I found a voting registration thing from July that I hadn’t returned a massive dead spider in one of my hats. This was not pleasing to me.
12. The blue sky and mild temperature today was blissful.
13. TTB came and watched Bramble hop around the yard today. He thought that was super. However, he was far more excited to see Slash on Top Gear (I watch iPlayer while he plays) and each time he was on the screen he was going “ooooh! hoo! hoo hoo! haaaaaaooOOOO!” in his sweet little voice.
14. I find that when there are er, disgusting baby related disasters I just think “oh well” and just “and then this is how we deal with that” and just get on with dealing with it and sort it out. Pre-baby it would have completely grossed me out. Now I just … cope.
15. Talking of coping, I took him to Birmingham (a place I’ve never been to before) on the train the other week, without even paying the idea much thought. Oh how far I have come from that first trip out of the house with him 8 days after he was born and I felt so scared and freaked out about being out of the house and as though I’d escaped from somewhere I was meant to stay, and had to keep looking at him in the pram to make sure he was still there. Wow.
16. I made home made pizzas for dinner tonight but when I came to make the dough I’d forgotten how to make it. I bodged it and it turned out better than usual. Just wish I could remember what I did …
17. I’m changing around all my kitchen cupboards. Now I keep going to get a bowl from the place where the saucepans now are.
18. I hate my bed.
19. I am going to be 27 this year. I’m sure I was only 23 last time I checked.
20. I wish I had some more biscuits.