This is the worst photo ever but I don’t like putting photo-less posts on here and it proves that I have done it and I don’t have any other photos to use so it will have to do!
I am hesitant to make resolutions at any time but even more so with a baby as said baby reduces the chances of me sticking to anything by quite a lot! Here are my tentative aims for 2013; they are more like changes that I want to make in my life I suppose. We will see how it goes.
1. Bake more. I like baking and I want to try out new recipes. I like baking things for Andy to take to work, plus it stops him spending £££ on Twixes and the like. (Above: attempts at cookies. Too lazy to make individual blobs, I just spread the lot onto a tray. It was ok but they fell apart a bit quickly. Cook for longer at a lower temp perhaps.)
2. Take TTB to babygroups, at least one a week. Good for him, good for me. Must remember that he needs actual interaction with other children.
3. Cook more and better meals using proper ingredients rather than shop bought. Reduce the amount of processed items.
4. Keep more of an eye on money, and don’t let food that I buy go to waste. Use it or freeze it and use it or don’t buy so much next time.
5. Keep the house a bit cleaner: be much more betterer with housework because this child will become mobile soon. Continue in my efforts to get rid of lots of junk that we don’t need, and make a concerted effort not to fill the house with junk again! This will be easier because I won’t have any money when my maternity pay stops. (Someone asked me about this I think a while back but I’m shocking at actually replying to people: in the UK you can have up to a year maternity leave but only a proportion of that is paid and it is not full wages. I think I stop getting paid in May. May or March! Hope it’s May.)
That’s it really. I also want to grow a sunflower, some sweetpeas and possibly plant some bulbs for next year. Lofty ambitions? We will see!