Hello and happy Thursday to you all :-) Thursday is good as it means there is just one day left until the weekend, and everyone knows that Friday afternoons at work don’t really count. Technically it’s just half a day until the weekend, yeah I can cope with that!
I wanted to say a big thank you to you all, you’re so lovely and generous with your comments and it really makes me smile to read them all and boosts me up loads. I know it’s vain and narcissistic but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate them.
Anyway, I’ve had lots of questions in comments recently and I’m going to try to answer them here rather than reply individually because then everyone gets the answers.
If I miss something, or indeed if you would like to ask me questions, feel free to post them on this entry – I’ll have a bash at answering them over the weekend. Only, if you are going to ask me to start ironing my bed linen, then the answer to that will be “No!”
1. My camera is an Olympus E-410 and I use the kit lens that came with it. It’s got a wide angle on it and that’s the extent of my lens knowledge. I’ve not been able to experiment with lenses because for reasons best known to themselves, Olympus developed a type of lens called the Four Thirds lens and the cheapest is £500 and nobody else makes Four Thirds lenses. Also means I can’t use any other brand of lens on my camera. This is why I use the kit lens.
2. The pattern I used for my Summer Garden Squares cushion in my previous post is Lucy from Attic24’s pattern, you can find it HERE. I apologise for not linking to it in the post, I just sort of assume that if you crochet you will have seen Lucy’s blog – most people find my blog through hers.
3. I joined the squares using the Join As You Go technique, which can also be found on Lucy’s blog, HERE.
4. The bit on the side of the blog where it says “Subscribe by Email” apparently doesn’t work. I’m going to take it off. Sorry, I don’t really know how to make it work. It’s a WordPress plug in thing and the only thing I can do is enable or disable it. Bit annoying really. Anyway, if you want to follow my blog (feels a bit weird and big headed to be saying this actually) but you can use Google Reader or Blog Lovin’ to do so. I use Google Reader to follow people’s blogs. I copy the link of the blog (the main one, not one for a certain entry) and then on Google Reader I click “Add a Subscription” and then paste the link in. I keep it open in one of my tabs while I’m browsing and if someone updates their blog, it shows it in the tab. Clever!
Alternatively, I do have Twitter and I can post on their when I blog if that’s any help? I am little_tin_bird. I think *goes to check* yep, that’s my Twitter name. Beware: I don’t actually tweet anything interesting, I mainly use it to chat quickly with Rach, Jenny (who is HAVING A BABY!!!!!!), Emma, Claire and Ellie. And get updates about bees. Help Save Bees!
Oh and while I’m at it, I don’t know what that =====> google friend connect thing over there actually does – does it let you know when there is a new entry? I don’t know if it’s linked to google reader or not. Does anyone know the answer to that one?
5. If I had covered the cushion before putting the crochet on it, I probably would have used red or blue – anything other than the white. The white is too bright and obvious against the colour of the crochet and it looks a little unfinished.
6. The red dotty sewing thing I was sewing a while back is not ready to be revealed yet as I still haven’t finished it, and as it is intended for someone who reads here I am going to keep it veiled in mystery just a little longer ;-)
I think that’s all the questions I had in that post. Like I said, if you have a question for me, this is the post to leave it on.
A couple of other things before I go and move/tidy/sort/clean MORE things …
Victoria has emailed me with a potential solution for the hexagon gaps problem I was having. I am going to try it this weekend when I am allowed to play with yarn again instead of tidying/sorting/cleaning/grumble grumble. I say she is a genius.
Last but not least, I have the honour of being “Blog Highlight” at Stockton Crafts shop blog! You have no idea how proud I am. :-D Also, I was having a wee browse on their shop site and noticed that they are stocking Katia Baby Merino – Katherine gave me two balls of this for my birthday and it’s LUSH. If you’re looking for a beautifully soft, bright coloured baby yarn then this could be the yarn for you.
Well that was my brief break for this evening, better get going again. All of a sudden everything is in the way of what needs to be done and all needs moving. Annoyingly there is stuff going on in each room and so I don’t actually have anywhere to move stuff TO. Including the rabbits. It is pouring with rain though, I really don’t want to go and move their hutch right now!